Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Cheerful Christmas

Wow - I can't believe it's been over a month since I last posted!!!  Life has been so busy with a stamp camp, my first craft fair, and trying to get my own Christmas cards done in time!  Today I finished another batch of cards, so I forced myself to come downstairs to the computer to share. 

This card was CASEd(Copy And Share Everything) from the lovely Brian King.  I just love all of the little ornaments in the Cheerful Christmas stamp set from Stampin' Up's 2014 Holiday Catalogue.  I wasn't so fond of cutting out 24 of the little dudes, but I got it done.  When Brian created this card last year, he used the now discontinued Blendabilities markers to color the pearls.  I didn't have that option so I tried using the Stampin' Write markers.  Big mistake!  The ink is not alcohol based, so it never really dried and I had to rub it off with some paper towel.  I had tried leaving it on overnight, but no go.  Fortunately, it did stain the pearls a bit, so there is still a bit of color.  I did have to use a bit of white out on a few of the cards where some smudging happened, but hopefully no one will ever notice!!  Anyway, for those of you who want to know the colors I used, here they are: Night of Navy card stock, Soft Sky card stock, Lost Lagoon card stock and ink, and Whisper White card stock and craft ink with silver embossing powder.  I love how the embossing makes the ornaments shine!  Hope you enjoyed - I'm back to the craft room to start the next batch!  <3 JEM

2 comments:

  1. Not a "big mistake" after all, JaynEryn. I love the stained look of these pearls. So happy you like this card and that you could recreate it with your own twist. Thanks for the shout out on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete