Saturday, July 2, 2016

June Stamp Camp

Happy July, everyone!  We had an early surprise with our new little one being born two weeks early, just over a day after my last stamp camp!  She was patient with me, but not patient enough to let me get my hair cut before making her appearance.  Oh well!

These are the cards we made at my June stamp camps this year.  This first card features the ever so trendy fruit of the moment, pineapple.  You can purchase this stamp from the new 2016-2017 Stampin' Up annual catalogue.  To get this slightly worn look, I used a Stampin' Write marker for the leaves(?) and didn't totally saturate the rest with the ink pad.  The Designer Series Paper is from a retired stack that I just thought happened to look like watermelon seeds and just go with the theme.

This next card was a gate fold card I saw on Pinterest by one of the Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team members.  I thought it would be something fun and different to try.  It features the Balloon Celebration stamp set that so cleverly helps you build a dandelion in seed!
This card also features the Balloon Celebration stamp set, using, obviously, the balloons.  A few of the girls at one of the parties loved antiquing the sentiment so much that they also antiqued around the outside of the card front - it looked lovely!
This is the baby card of the bunch.  It features stamps from the Made With Love stamp set.  The idea I saw on Pinterest actually made this a shaker card, but I kept it simple and just punched out the front panel to have the cute little cat on the inside of the card.
And finally, another slightly trendy thing right now is the use of mason jars on this card.  Stampin' Up has a new set that has many different sizes of mason jars and matching framelits to cut them all out for you - but I'm on a budget, so I pulled out my old set from a few years back and made do.  I also used some retired washi tape and Designer Series Paper to round things out.  Nothing like a stamp camp to bust out some of your stash!
Hope you enjoyed these cards and had a wonderful Canada Day!  We just laid low around the house - hopefully we can make it out next year... :) JEM

No comments:

Post a Comment